5 Events Found
Best your blues with us this winter season! On February 5th, 6th, 12th, and 13th, shake off your old snow and join us as we celebrate fun-filled days of blue! With azure confectionaries and cerulean displays, the ranch will change your definition of what it means to be blue! With a myriad of exciting exhibitions and interactive amusements, the family fun is sure to snowball! Why not treat yourself to:
- Our Blue Ribbon Snowshoe Trail: Take a winter-booted stroll or don your favorite snowshoes for an adventure across the grounds unlike any other! Featuring special exhibits and picturesque farmland, our trail is complete with historical bingo and is ended with a hot cup of coco and prizes for completionists!
- The Donkey Dung Driving Range: Step up to the tee and test your golfing mettle! Courtesy of Flapjack, our ammunition is frozen solid and pings just like a real golf ball! Battle against your friends for both the farthest distance and most prolific fertilization in this hilarious competition. Prizes include a full golf package from Spallumcheen Golf and Country Club for the longest drive!
- The O'Keefe O-Rink: Fancy yourself as our next star on ice? Why not find out with our one-of-a-kind skating rink located just outside of the historic O'Keefe Mansion! Our circuit is welcoming to both the figure skater and first-timer alike, so don't hesitate to don your blades and make some memories!
- The Kid's Craft: Have little ones with a hankering for creation? The O'Keefe Ranch has you covered! Help feed our variety of birds by forging a one-of-a-kind birdfeeder to hang in the trees around the ranch!
- JoPo and JoPette: Our curious clowns are always up to a variety of shenanigans, and they never shy away from a photo with a friend! With the art of clowning reaching almost 4,500 years of existence, these two fools are both historical and hilarious!
- Roasted S'more's: Nothing is cozier than a roaring bonfire; except, of course, when hand-roasted s'more's are involved. Make it just the way you like, with our general store just across the way to tempt you with hot drinks and cool-colored candies.
Remember, these are just a few of our specialty attractions! Our fascinating mansion tours and gift shop filled with local artisanal wonders will still be open, with many others just waiting to be discovered. Though we may be blue, you're sure to leave feeling anything but!More Info
Come on down for an authentic historic film night at the O'Keefe Ranch! Produced all the way back in 1934, "Blue Steel" is a classic western tale starring John Wayne, a U.S Marshal on the hunt for the infamous Polka Dot Bandit. Appropriate for all ages, this is an excellent exhibit of the dawn of modern film, and is sure to captivate both the cinematic historian and western admirer alike. Fear not for a cold and blustery evening, as our screening will be held in our indoor premises, complete with a selection of blue candy to satiate the moviegoing appetite. Tickets are $10, so wrangle your friends, don your best western garb, and saddle up for this near-centenarian motion picture!
Tickets are available through the Vernon Winter Carnival here: https://vernonwintercarnival.c... Please note that our maximum capacity is 50 people. Proof of vaccination is required at entry, and we kindly request that our patrons adhere to the current health regulations for the safety of our guests and staff.More Info
On February 8th and 10th, from 7pm - 9pm, we welcome you to come and share an evening of live music with us! Featuring local blues groups, there is no cooler way to spend a winter evening inside than with a drink in hand and smooth tunes on stage. On Tuesday, February 8th, we will be presenting the ever-impressive Poppa Dawg Blues Band from right here in Vernon! On Thursday, February 10th, the multitalented Graham Orb will be joining us all the way from Kelowna! Our licensed bar is sure to delight, complete with a versatile selection and an assortment of blue treats to pocket that winter funk.
Tickets are $45, available here:https://vernonwintercarnival.c... . Please note that our maximum capacity is 50 people at one time. Proof of vaccination is required for entry, and we kindly request that patrons follow regional health guidelines for the safety of our guests and staff.
The endless days and nights of herding cattle were never easy, and so cowboys adapted: Singing songs, cracking jokes, and crafting a revolutionary new form of poetry. Today, many of us are free from such labors, but the endearing tradition of Cowboy Poetry lives on at the O'Keefe Ranch! With a variety of acts from western word-slinging to foot-stompin' fingerpickin', there's sure to be something to please even the snake in your boot. Our poets include Ken Mather and Jocelyn Winterburn, with musical performances by Din Woody and Trio and the O'Keefe Entertainers (Ellen Campbell, Ethan Swift, and Gus Hansen). Complete with a licensed bar, we're sure you'll leave feeling ready to start a ranch of your own. So, what are you waiting for? Wonder on yonder for an invigorating evening of time-honored cowboy entertainment!
Tickets are $40, available here: https://vernonwintercarnival.c... . Please note there is a maximum capacity limit of 50 people. Proof of vaccination is required for entry, and we kindly request that our patrons adhere to current provincial health guidelines for the safety of our guests and staff.More Info
POSTPONED. PLEASE WATCH FOR UPDATED DATE.
Enjoy 100 years of fashion and food as we start your journey in 1867 and take you through the fashion and food trends to 1967 - the year O'Keefe Ranch was opened to the public. Special hosts Rebecca Barton and Brian Martin will narrate while samples of the era are served, modeled and displayed.
Tickets are $150 and are not yet available for this event but will be made live on TicketSeller as soon as possible.