Already a volunteer? Login HERE for the current volunteer schedule.
O'Keefe Ranch relies on the support of volunteers for all our programs and events from April to December. There are several opportunities available throughout the season including (but not limited to):
- General Store Attendants
- General Store Attendants wear costumes and stay in character. This position is a front line position working directly with guests providing both a history of store items and much loved candy for kids and kids at heart.
- Photography or Videography
- Taking photos and/or videos of daily activities, events, animals and locations help keep our marketing fresh and updated. These photos are also used in animal sales, press releases and on social media.
- Curatorial Assistants
- If you are interested in helping to preserve history, we can provide basic training in specific tasks so you can assist the curatorial staff.
- Interpreters are needed around the Ranch. There is a lot of land and information to cover. Interpreters roleplay in the first person, wear costumes, and stay in character.
- Field of Screams Actors, Production Team, Behind the Scenes
- This is a full production. Although no longer put on by O'Keefe Ranch, their success is our success.
- Animal Care
- Pens need to be cleaned, food and water containers washed, barns organized and food storage updated. All help is appreciated!
- Grounds and Building Maintenance and Construction
- Each year the Ranch applies for grants to take one step closer to being self-sustainable. Volunteers are needed to assist in the maintenance of the expansive grounds as well as in one-off projects as approved for through grants.
- Gardening and Landscaping
- With 50 acres to attend to, there is lots of work to be done. The gardens require daily maintenance and the Spring cleanup requires a team of volunteers.
- Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, committee members meet to provide suggestions on different aspects of the Ranch. Committee members are also boots on the ground being actively involved in projects they pick up. There is a committee for almost every aspect of the Ranch.
Letters of completion for volunteer hours can be provided to students towards high school credits. Please talk to your school directly for more information.