Employment Opportunity - Heritage Interpreter
Hourly Pay Rate: $12.50, 40 hours per week - this position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs, and applicants must be between the ages of 15-30, and currently enrolled in full-time studies to be eligible.
Anticipated term: Seasonal Position, starting immediately
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Curator, the student is responsible for the following aspects of site operation:
- providing tours of the O’Keefe Mansion on a daily basis, and other areas of the site;
- developing a public presentation with the information gathered in a format that will make for a meaningful, engaging and informative presentation;
- compiling support materials for the public presentation, including historic photographs and artifacts;
- assisting with regular cleaning and maintenance of the historic site
- other related duties relating to Historic O'Keefe Ranch operations
- students will have the opportunity to choose curatorial projects to complete throughout the summer and will have opportunity to network with relevant individuals from the museum community.
Students must have access to reliable transport--there is no public transit to the Ranch.
Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]
We would like to thank all applicants who apply; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.
Employment Opportunity - Part Time/Seasonal Gift Shop Attendant
The Historic O'Keefe Ranch has an immediate opening for an energetic person with outstanding people skills to work in the Gift Shop until the end of the season. General duties include welcoming visitors and promoting upcoming events, programs, and current exhibitions, processing admissions, scheduling tours, taking RV campsite reservations, event ticket sales, gift shop sales, answering the phone, general cleaning, and overall providing excellent customer service. Candidates must be able to work independently, have the ability to multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience working in retail or in tourism is an asset. A second language is also an asset but not a requirement.
May - September, Friday/Saturday/Sunday
Please submit your resume attention:
Glen Taylor, General Manager
[email protected] (No phone calls please)
The O'Keefe Ranch relies on the support of volunteers for all our programs and events and 2017 will be no different. There are several opportunities available throughout the year including (but not limited to):
- General Store Attendants
- Special Events; Fundraisers, Community Outreach, Family Fun Days
- Event and Documentary Photography
- Curatorial Assistants
- Interpreters and Docents
- Field of Screams Actors, Production Team, Behind the Scenes
- Animal Care and Cleaning
- Grounds and Building Maintenance, Gardening
- Administrative Assistance
- Gift Shop, Front Desk Attendants